Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and iOS and Android devices worldwide on January 23, 2020, Square Enix announced.
In Japan, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will be available both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Switch for 4,800 yen, and for iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play for 2,800 yen. The iOS and Android versions can be downloaded and played for free to a certain extent. PlayStation Store pre-orders include a special PlayStation 4 theme featuring artwork from the original game and the physical edition box artwork as a bonus.
New features in the Remastered Edition include:
- Online multiplayer for up to four players.
- Play across different platforms with the cross-play function.
- Transfer save data across platforms with the cross-progressive function (via).
- Added challenging new post-game dungeons and bosses.
- Added new variant character skins for each tribe.
- Added new items to equip.
- Newly recorded theme songs “Kaze no Ne” and “Hoshizukiyo” by Yae.
- Newly recorded narration.
- Newly recorded character voices.
Here is a brief overview of the game, via Square Enix:
Long ago, a giant meteorite fell on the land, and deadly miasma blanketed the world. Crystals keep the miasma in check, but the crystals’ power is not eternal. Young adventurers embark on a journey once a year seeking “drops of myrrh” to purify the crystals. These are the chronicles of brave young adventurers who journey to protect their home. These are the “Crystal Chronicles.”
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots, the Japanese box art, and the PlayStation Store pre-order theme at the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.