Fire crews say nobody was hurt after a propane tank explosion that startled many in southwest Calgary on Sunday night.
Police said there were multiple reports of an explosion around 6:20 p.m. at the green space between the Pumphouse Theatre and the Renfrew Chrysler dealership on the south side of the Bow River in Sunalta.
Officers on scene spotted a grassfire that appeared to have been caused by a campfire or bonfire.
A firefighter on scene confirmed that the fire appeared to have been caused by a propane tank explosion.
Crews are on scene investigating.